Go into all the world and make disciples...
At Thrive we believe every member of Thrive Community Church should consider going on a short-term mission trip at some point in their life. Nothing gives you a vision and passion for the world better than experiencing it for yourself! Short-term mission trips are booked year-round for both Thrive Students and adults. For the latest opportunities, email the Thrive Office below
However, some people will never be able to go on a mission trip. We believe child sponsorship allows people an opportunity to walk on mission with Jesus. We are called to love others. Child sponsorship through Compassion International is a tool to raise a new generation of disciples.
Compassion International: Thrive has formed an intentional partnership with Compassion International to sponsor 300 children in need, and to plant churches. We are currently working with compassion and Pastor Israel Borja Valarezo to plant El Nazareno Church in Mompiche, Musisne, Ecuador. The people there are extremely poor, with an average household income of $200 per month.
April 2019 Update From Compassion International: We are pleased to share with you the latest field report from your church plant, El Nazareno Church in Mompiche, Muisne, Ecuador. Although the weather has slowed progress on the physical construction, significant progress has been made since the previous update. Meanwhile, the church continues to grow and serve the community. Thank you for bringing hope to people in Ecuador!
- Classrooms are nearly complete (child development center activities, shown above, are still taking place at the temporary site).
- The main hall has been built (see photos below).
- Electric & plumbing installations are ongoing.
- Currently, 25 adults and 247 children attend the church regularly.
- There is interest in baptisms among parents, and we are now evangelizing so that parents can be baptized.
- Fifty children have made first-time declarations of faith in Christ.